Gyms and dancing schools
Choose license Do I need a licence for my activity?

​If you use protected works on your premises, then you need to obtain permission from the corresponding copyright holders. We are conscious it is impossible to obtain permission from all the individual authors, but you needn’t worry; to be able to use any musical or audio-visual work which is part of the repertoire of SGAE, whether it is Spanish or from abroad, you will need our licence to make use of such repertoire and increase the profitability of your business.

Examples of fees
OTHER AREAS 60 m² 16,27 €


Due to space constraints, the information shown in the present table is only an extract or summary of the corresponding fee heading. To view the full table of fees and all the details about your application, use this link ​​​

What does this licence include?

  • Music

    ​Use of the SGAE musical repertoire through any medium (radio, TV, CD, the Internet, juke box, live performances, ...)​

  • Audio-visual

    ​Use of the SGAE audio-visual repertoire through any medium (TV, the Internet, laser disc, DVD, video, ...)

Puedes consultar tu licencia en el siguiente PDF

General conditions

Deductions and rate reductions

Take advantage of up to 15% off the full fee amount by complying with the following requirements:

- Deductions:

5% for using direct debit plus 2,5% for half-yearly payment in advance or 5% for annual payment in advance.

- Allowances:

5% for membership of a Sectoral Associations or Federations.

SGAE has signed collaboration agreements with many sectoral associations. Please consult the agreements in place for your market.

¿Quieres obtener tu licencia?

Solicita aquí tu licencia y un representante de SGAE se pondrá en contacto contigo para la formalización del contrato


  • If I buy original CDs or acquire music on the Internet, why do I have to pay?

    ​Because the purchase of a CD, cassette, vinyl record, etc. does not entail the right to play it in public. When you purchase a phonographic recording, you only acquire the right to use it in private.​​

  • Why do I have to pay to SGAE and to AGEDI-AIE?

    ​Due to the wide variety of rights holders present in certain exploitations of works and benefits protected contained in a particular medium. In other words, the SGAE manages the Rights of Authors, while the AGEDI deals with those of Phonographic Producers and the AIE those of Performing Artistes.​

  • G. Who gets the money you collect?

    The amounts collected on the basis of the fee rates published by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport and on the SGAE’s own web site are intended for the authors of the musical and audio-visual works (whether Spanish members or those of foreign Entities). This share-out is calculated depending on the specific works used and how they are used, thanks to statistical systems or surveys carried out with a method set out in the regulations of the Management Entity and known by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. ​

¿Quieres obtener tu licencia?

Solicita aquí tu licencia y un representante de SGAE se pondrá en contacto contigo para la formalización del contrato