Concerts, musical recitals, dances...
Choose license Do I need a licence to organise this type of activity?
If copyrighted works are used for the organization of this kind of activity, then you need to obtain permission from the corresponding copyright holders. We are conscious it is impossible to obtain permission from all the individual authors, but you needn’t worry; to be able to use any musical or audio-visual work which is part of the repertoire of SGAE, whether it is Spanish or from abroad, you will need our licence to make use of such repertoire and increase the profitability of your business.


Examples of fees


Up to 300 m²

0,11 € 34,40 €
From 301 to 1,000 m²

0,10 € 101,36 €
From 1,001 to 2,000 m²

0,10 € 196,83 €
From 2,001 to 4,000 m²

0,09 € 380,88 €
From 4,001 to 8,000 m²

0,09 € 735,66 €
Over 8,000 m²

Consult the general fees


Once established the bracket corresponding to the total invoiced or contracted space, the extra square meters making up the total space will be added to the accumulated total from the immediately preceding bracket, with the unit price per square meter calculated according to the corresponding bracket, except when the total surface area belongs in the first bracket, in which case the accumulated total in that bracket will be applicable.

For reasons of space the information shown in this table is an extract or summary of the relevant fees. For information about full fees and all the details of their application, use the following link ​​

What does this licence include?

  • Music

    ​Use of the musical repertoire through any medium (radio, TV, CD, the Internet, juke box, live performances, ...)​

  • Audio-visual

    ​Use of the audio-visual repertoire through any medium (TV, the Internet, laser disc, DVD, video, ...)

Deductions and rate reductions

Further information in the complete PDF

¿Quieres obtener tu licencia?

Solicita aquí tu licencia y un representante de SGAE se pondrá en contacto contigo para la formalización del contrato


  • Who gets the money you collect?

    ​It is distributed among the authors or registered holders (direct members and members of foreign entities) in accordance with the works used and how they are used, in the light of the direct documentation furnished and on the basis of statistics or surveys.

  • If I buy original CDs or acquire music on the Internet, why do I have to pay?

    ​Because the purchase of a CD, cassette, vinyl record, etc. does not entail the right to play it in public. When you purchase a phonographic recording, you only acquire the right to use it in private.​​

  • Why does the SGAE manage public communication rights?

    ​The mission of the SGAE is to manage the rights of its members in any form of Public Communication. In other words, “any and all act whereby a number of persons are able to have access to the work without the prior distribution of copies to each of them”.

    What use is the SGAE for users of musical, theatrical and audio-visual works?

    The SGAE facilitates the prior authorization users need to be able to make use of the works of authors, so that they do not have to approach each individual author separately, something impracticable without the benefits of collective management.

¿Quieres obtener tu licencia?

Solicita aquí tu licencia y un representante de SGAE se pondrá en contacto contigo para la formalización del contrato